Please note that we will post you below information with your purchase. Please keep it for future reference. If the mitt is a gift please give it to the receiver with this information.
How to exfoliate with Turkish Bath Mitts / Gloves / Keses
1- Wash it with hot water and soap by hand and rinse well before the first use. You need to use your exfoliating glove (mitt) at the end of your shower or bath. Ideally draw a bath for yourself but if pushed for time a shower will do. The exfoliating mitt will be most effective if you stay in the bath/shower for 10-15 minutes or after you swim or use a steam or sauna room because your skin will be softer and more receptive.
2- The exfoliating glove should be applied on its own after soap or any other bath products have been rinsed away.
3- Wet your mitt and wring it. Apply it with long strokes and side to side movements.
a) Start off with your arms and legs and this will give you an idea of how the glove feels. Apply the exfoliating glove gently at first and try to apply to all areas evenly.
b) Don’t apply it on the same area repeatedly to prevent irritation. Particularly your back which may feel less sensitive. Increase the pressure over time slowly. During your first use apply light pressure. You especially need to be very gentle when applying the mitt to your face.
c) If you feel comfortable with this after your bath and a day after, increase the pressure slightly when you use your glove next time and so on. Don’t apply a lot of pressure from the first day, these gloves are much more effective than alternative products that you might be used to.
4- You will probably start seeing some light brown/grey dead skin with dirt coming off your skin at some stage. This is natural and more likely to happen if your skin has been under the sun or if it is dry. Don’t wash this dead skin off until you finish exfoliating a section of your body because it will actually help to remove more dead skin. Again, remember to be gentle at first, until you understand how the mitt works and how your skin reacts to it.
5- It is normal for skin to get a little pinkish after use but overuse on the same area can cause irritation. Stop using it if you feel uncomfortable or it causes you pain. This means you have applied too much pressure.
6- Finish by rinsing your body with lukewarm water to close your deeply cleansed pores.
7- Feel how smooth and soft your skin is and how fresh and clean you feel!!!
Looking after your exfoliating gloves
- Wash it with hot water and soap by hand and rinse well before the first use. Your mitt will shrink a little bit and this is expected.
- After use, wash the mitt with soap by hand and hang it to dry naturally. Replace your bath mitt as and when required.
- Don’t use it if you have any skin conditions, very sensitive skin or on unhealthy skin. Don’t use it on your face if you have acne. Consult your doctor first. If you have any other health problems that may get worse with sauna/steam or hot bath/shower, consult your doctor before use. Remember that using the glove will increase your blood circulation and it requires some effort in a hot environment.
- If you have sensitive skin use a Turkish bath mitt made of cocoon silk for your face and body or choose a thin exfoliating glove. Apply light pressure. For your face, you can also use the face (finger) mitts. Be very gentle.
- Don’t use the same mitt for both face and body for hygiene reasons and don’t share your exfoliating glove with other members of your family.
- Turkish Bath mitt range is suitable for healthy adults with healthy skin. Don’t use it on babies, toddlers or children.
- Don’t exceed the recommended frequency of use which is approximately once every 10-30 days.
- If it hurts, apply less pressure or stop using. You may also want to try a gentler/thinner bath mitt such as the ones made of natural cocoon silk.
We hope that you will enjoy your mitt. After all, everybody deserves a little luxury in bath!